Pressure washing is the best way to keep your home, deck, or pool looking new. In fact, if you pressure wash regularly, it can potentially extend the life of your home’s exterior surfaces by decades.
There are many different chemicals that you can use along with a pressure washer to do dirty jobs, like cleaning brick or removing grime from concrete driveways. The critical question in many homeowners’ minds is, “what are the best pressure washing solutions?” Read on to learn more.
What Soap is Best?
When choosing a cleaning solution, you’ll want to make sure it meets the following criteria; the soap should be:
- pH neutral
- safe around plants and animals
Using the Right Chemical Concentration
Before we go into this quick breakdown of pressure washing solutions, it’s important to note that you must always use the right amount of chemicals for the job. Using too little will not produce enough pressure washing power, and using too much can damage your surface or equipment and create an unnecessary mess.
If you don’t use a suitable chemical concentration, you might not be able to get a good clean. For example: using too little detergent won’t cut through the dirt and grime while using too much will turn your deck into a slippery mess. The same is valid for bleach; if used correctly, it can be very effective in removing algae growth, but if misused, it can stain your building’s exterior instead of cleaning it!
Types of Solutions, Soaps, and Chemicals
Here is a list of the different types of pressure washing chemicals to use according to the task at hand:
- Mildew Stains/Mold Remover Chemicals: A pressure washer mold sprayer can be used to remove any type of surface mildew or mold stain.
- Degreasers and Descalers for Pressure Washing: Pressure washer degreaser chemicals are used to remove oil and grease stains from concrete, asphalt, brick, stone, metal, and other materials.
- Surface Cleaners: A pressure washer can use many different types of surface cleaners.
- Concrete cleaning chemicals or concrete wash solutions work with surface cleaners and degreasers to deep clean concrete surfaces.
- Concrete Etch Solution for Acid Etching Concrete Floors: An acid etching solution for pressure washing is used to prepare new concrete floors for sealing and painting or coatings.
- House Wash Cleaning Chemicals – House Washing Solution: A house wash cleaning solution is meant to power wash vinyl siding without damaging it as well as remove algae, moss, dirt
Hire Professionals for Safety and to Protect Your Home from Damage
You may think you can handle everything you need to get the job done, but sometimes it’s best to delegate. Professionals bring their pressure washer soap and chemicals and are better equipped to use them safely.
When pressure washing your home, you could be exposed to harsh materials that can hurt your skin or eyes. Some jobs aren’t meant for DIY because they require special training and equipment that a professional will have access to (like using pressure washers on roofs or handling high-power equipment). So, if you don’t think you can do a thorough job by yourself, call in some reinforcements!
J 3’s Property Enhancements Pressure Washing Services
At J 3’s Property Enhancements, we understand that the right concentration of chemicals is essential for proper cleaning. Our experts are here to help enhance your property one service at a time. Contact us today for more information!